I've noticed a problem on most of my blogs recently after upgrading them to WordPress 3.4. The "Incoming Links" displays the following error:
RSS Error: A feed could not be found at http://blogsearch.google.com/blogsearch_feeds?hl=en&scoring=d&ie=utf-8&num=10&output=rss&partner=wordpress&q=http://blogdoofus.com/. A feed with an invalid mime type may fall victim to this error, or SimplePie was unable to auto-discover it.. Use force_feed() if you are certain this URL is a real feed.
I've spent loads of time searching for an answer. The best I can find is a thread on the WordPress forum that is labeled as "Resolved" when in fact nothing was resolved at all.
The best they can say is that the search string is wrong or malformed. Thing is, this exact same string works perfectly in an old blog that's still running WordPress 2.7 yet does not in 3.4. This tells me that 3.4 is broken.
I'd post there about it looking for better help than what I've found searching but I've tried posting on that forum before and gotten soundly ignored. I have found over the years that the WordPress support forum is a waste of time. I've posted there several times and have either been completely ignored or given "answers" that do not solve the problem.
Frankly, the place is loaded with know-it-all fanboys that treat you like shit if you don't already know what you're asking about. It's completely misnamed because "support" is the last thing you will get there.
Just copy this code and paste it on your site where you want the link to appear: